of Russian State Hydrometeorological University
International Relations Office and Center for International Education are responsible for international activity in RSHU
Problems of Teaching the History of the Second World WarRussian State Hydrometeorological University together with the Department of World Politics of the School of International relations of St.Petersburg State University is going to conduct the Third International Conference “Problems of Teaching the History of the Second World War”.
The third Conference will be conducted in St.Petersburg in May (6 – 9), 2010.
The aim of the third Conference “Problems of Teaching of the History of the Second World War” is to exchange the experience of teaching this tragic five years period of our history bearing in mind newly appearing documents, information, discussions and points of view of historians, politicians and civil society.
In the frames of the Conference the following topics are to be discussed:
• Europe and the World between the two World Wars: why it became impossible to prevent the Second World War.
• Main events of the Second World War before June, 1941.
• The Great Patriotic War of the Soviet People (1941 – 1945)
• Science and Culture during the Second World War
• Main military events at the European theatre of the war.
• Pacific Front in 1941 - 1945
• Great Antifascist Coalition: USSR, USA and Great Britain
• The results of the Second World War: Yalta-Potsdam system, its history and the present day.
• The Cold War: was it predictable or happened because the mistakes of politicians?
• Modern world: problems of safety and international cooperation
• New challenges and threats in the XXI century
The main role in conducting all three Conferences is played by the Department of Social and Humanitarian Sciences of The Russian State Hydrometeorological University.
Further information is in information letter.